Sunday, April 25, 2010

End GAME

Throughout the last 5 weeks I have been trying to put the GAME strategy into practice. I have set goals for myself to improve in several areas of my professional life. While the components and strategies of the GAME plan process are not particularly revolutionary, the plan itself does create a framework that allows a person to plan out a strategy of improvement, attempt to execute that plan and come up with improvements and adjustments to continually push forward in an effort to learn and move forward.
The particular goals that I felt I made some good progress on throughout my GAME plan were my ability to use the APA format more consistently. I researched some books and resources and purchased on and have read it. I am also updating my Word application to utilize some APA formatting templates so I can more easily and consistently follow the spec.
Another goal I set for myself was to attempt to communicate more regularly with my classmates through message boards, chat and email. I see that this will continue to be an area I need to really focus my effort on, but I have made strides this term.
I also wanted to increase my comfort and facility with new educational technologies. Through the exercises of the course, I have generated a series of lesson plans that I'm comfortable with and I feel really make good and contextual use of technology.
The things I like about the GAME plan, the mapping out of goals and steps to achieve them, the monitoring of your progress throughout the process an ultimately the review of the entire exercise to find improvements or hangups can be easily taught to students and hopefully incorporated into their learning and lifestyles. I can see framing unit syllabi such that students are allowed to utilize the GAME plan throughout the class, defining goals and exercising activities to meet those goals and ideally over time, they'll learn how best to work so they can learn more quickly and efficiently in a style that works best with their experiences and personalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment