Sunday, March 21, 2010

Executing the "Game" plan... or...what I did for summer vacation

As I review my blog post about my game plan, it seems to be a bit ambitious in terms of goals. However, I'm hopeful that with the check-sheet I can at least make some progress on them and perhaps I'll discover that I need to focus on two or three of the goals and then expand to the others later. At any rate, as I mentioned in the earlier blog, one of the main things I need to achieve my goals is a decent book or resource on APA citation. The handbook included in one of my earlier courses just isn't sufficient to help me really learn APA format. I am certain that I can also find excellent resources on the web and likely a great first step would be to complile a list of those sites and references so I can choose a few. As for some of the other goals, I do have access to several excellent tools for networking and collaborative communication. My current company often uses Microsoft NetMeeting to manage remote conferences with people from around the country and I have a moderate understanding of how to use that program. Our education program through Walden also offers several great resources for communication and collaboration, although I've found that almost nobody ever visits the chat room. I should probably also make a list of good message boards and online collaboration resources. I've already located a number of good online blogs and journals that I am tracking through my reader so I have a fairly good start on my professional journal goal, although I'd like to continue tracking down good resources in that area. If anybody knows any good French education blogs I'd be happy to hear about them. As for my final goal of providing materials and aid to other teachers, my blog can serve as a great jumping-off point for that. Hopefully over time, I'll be able to include some videos, audiocasts and voice threads that can help other educators learn about emerging technologies and ways to use them.

Unfortunately I have been on extensive travel for work the last two weeks (hello from Baltimore, by the way). I haven't had much opportunity to do much in the way of 'getting started' although I have begun building my check-sheet in excel so I can attempt to track my progress on my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment