Sunday, May 10, 2009

Welcome to the World of Wig

Welcome to the blog. I'm looking forward to posting some thoughts and experiences here. I suppose a little history is in order here. I am a software engineer currently working for a company in Montana.

Among my various responsibilities I am in charge of our training programs and thus I am interested in incorporating technology and current practices into my curriculum and lessons. I hope that this blog serves as a strong conversation focus to help me gather ideas and strengthen my practices.

2 comments:

  1. How interesting. What is the makeup of the groups you teach or will be teaching?

    Also think about linking up with a high school in your area. My business teacher is always looking to link up with business and help them design and demonstrate. It helps her to apply real world applications to her classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Currently I teach adults in the Navy as well as contractors for the Navy. The dept. of defense some time ago determined that all programs would begin migrating the technical data that supports their weapons systems to a technical specification called S1000D. As programs migrate and begin the process of migrating, my company is often called upon to teach people about S1000D and how it can be used to manage technical information.

    ReplyDelete